Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: lordmoonpie on January 27, 2008, 09:58:03 AM

Title: K0 - K2 fork pistons?
Post by: lordmoonpie on January 27, 2008, 09:58:03 AM
I'm trying to restore my forks and the fork pistons are goosed so I need new ones or good secondhand ones. Problem is the part (51442-319-000) is now obsolete so I can't order it from anywhere.

Does anyone have a pair of for pistons lying around they want to sell or some secondhand ones either alone or as complete forks?

Cheers
Title: Re: K0 - K2 fork pistons?
Post by: Spitfire on January 28, 2008, 10:35:21 AM
Can't help you there, have you tried eBay, or the US SOHC forum, or a machine shop ?

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: K0 - K2 fork pistons?
Post by: KB 1971 CB750 on February 01, 2008, 06:31:49 PM

I had the same problem, searched e-bay, US sites etc. Finished up having to rebuild with slightly worn bushes, and hope to have some made.
Here's an interesting site I found while looking for Honda parts, they do list that part number...but then list them as out of stock!! I'm a great help eh.   They list 51442-300-000 bushes at 120 euro's each. (OUCH)

http://www.cmsnl.com/

Regards,
Keith.
Title: Re: K0 - K2 fork pistons?
Post by: pinball on February 04, 2008, 06:26:33 PM
i had same problem,put cb650 pistons in them works fine,got a spare set if u need em
Title: Re: K0 - K2 fork pistons?
Post by: lordmoonpie on April 01, 2008, 01:53:53 PM
Yes - well interested in them. Are they exactly the same as the 750 then? PM me and we can do a deal!

Eventually got around this buy buying random knackered old forks from DK until I got a decent set of pistons. Not very economical or time saving to do but in the end it worked....worth having some spares though ;D