Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 02:19:03 PM

Title: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 02:19:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I bought a Honda CB750 K7 in April, that had been imported from the USA, to ride during the summer. It wasn’t quite as good as I was led to believe so have only just about got it ready to go now.

Title: Re: New member
Post by: Nurse Julie on August 20, 2018, 02:57:34 PM
Welcome Phil.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: hairygit on August 20, 2018, 03:01:10 PM
Hello and welcome, sure it wasn't an Aussie import? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: New member
Post by: petermigreen on August 20, 2018, 03:47:11 PM
Welcome Phil,
Looks in fair enough condition. Still some riding to be had. Is it registered?
CB750 50th anniversary event at David Silvers on 29th September. Though bit of a distance from Bristol  :-\
Peter
Title: Re: New member
Post by: SumpMagnet on August 20, 2018, 10:03:49 PM
Welcome aboard :)

Seems to be the rule that US imports are better on the outside. I guess they don't decay the same as UK bikes.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Johnwebley on August 20, 2018, 10:15:37 PM
welcme to the fun forum,

  lots of wednesday evening rideouts around Glouscester area,

 perfect for a nice summer evenings
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Crispy on August 20, 2018, 11:00:39 PM
Yep, welcome. I'm glad I'm not the only one can post upside down pics ! 😂😂
Title: Re: New member
Post by: philward on August 20, 2018, 11:03:08 PM
Welcome Phil - enjoy the forum
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 11:06:10 PM
Welcome Phil.

Thanks
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 11:07:28 PM
Hello and welcome, sure it wasn't an Aussie import? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haven’t quite got the hang of this Bruce
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 11:09:38 PM
Welcome Phil,
Looks in fair enough condition. Still some riding to be had. Is it registered?
CB750 50th anniversary event at David Silvers on 29th September. Though bit of a distance from Bristol  :-\
Peter

Just got it registered..maybe a few local rides first to check it’s OK.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 11:12:35 PM
Welcome aboard :)

Seems to be the rule that US imports are better on the outside. I guess they don't decay the same as UK bikes.

Originally from Wisconsin I think. Not sure what the weather is like there. They always look better in the pictures. 
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 11:13:39 PM
welcme to the fun forum,

  lots of wednesday evening rideouts around Glouscester area,

 perfect for a nice summer evenings

Thanks.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 11:15:02 PM
Welcome Phil - enjoy the forum

Thanks.
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 20, 2018, 11:18:48 PM
Yep, welcome. I'm glad I'm not the only one can post upside down pics ! 😂😂

It seemed to be the right way up. How do you tell?   ;D
Title: Re: New member
Post by: philward on August 20, 2018, 11:25:18 PM
Its the right way up when I enlarge it
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Crispy on August 21, 2018, 07:18:17 AM
Yep, welcome. I'm glad I'm not the only one can post upside down pics ! 😂😂

It seemed to be the right way up. How do you tell?   ;D

Yes it looks ok when posting it and it's the right way up when enlarged. I can do the same trick when I'm using my iPad to take pictures...... seems I was using it upside down! 🙄😂😂
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Seabeowner on August 21, 2018, 09:33:21 AM
Welcome aboard :)

Seems to be the rule that US imports are better on the outside. I guess they don't decay the same as UK bikes.

Originally from Wisconsin I think. Not sure what the weather is like there. They always look better in the pictures.

Wisconsin gets pretty cold and in the States (and Canada) they have a riding season imposed on them and bike stays locked away for 5 months+. And many bikes were bought as "toys". Unlike the UK where most bikes got used year round and were the only form of transport.
Welcome Phil, from Phil
Title: Re: New member
Post by: Phil A on August 21, 2018, 10:19:35 AM
Welcome aboard :)

Seems to be the rule that US imports are better on the outside. I guess they don't decay the same as UK bikes.

Originally from Wisconsin I think. Not sure what the weather is like there. They always look better in the pictures.

Wisconsin gets pretty cold and in the States (and Canada) they have a riding season imposed on them and bike stays locked away for 5 months+. And many bikes were bought as "toys". Unlike the UK where most bikes got used year round and were the only form of transport.
Welcome Phil, from Phil

Thanks Phil.