Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: ricardo on September 03, 2018, 08:09:55 PM

Title: fuel pipes to carb 400-4
Post by: ricardo on September 03, 2018, 08:09:55 PM
I've just removed my carb unit. there are 2 fuel pipes just behind the main input.haynes doesn't mention them. What are they for and where do they go to (or from)
Ricardo
Title: Re: fuel pipes to carb 400-4
Post by: Nurse Julie on September 03, 2018, 08:17:56 PM
Breathers or vent tubes, go nowhere, ie to atmosphere.
Title: Re: fuel pipes to carb 400-4
Post by: ricardo on September 04, 2018, 09:42:41 AM
They are just nipples without the vent pipe. So if I fit the vent pipes I'm in perfect health.  I should know I'm a doctor!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: fuel pipes to carb 400-4
Post by: Nurse Julie on September 04, 2018, 09:48:44 AM
They are just nipples without the vent pipe. So if I fit the vent pipes I'm in perfect health.  I should know I'm a doctor!!!!!!!!
Typical, it takes a Nurse to advise a Doctor with basic external tubing 😁😁😁. Make sure the tubes are long enough, they route between the swing arm and the back of the engine.