Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: sye on September 30, 2018, 12:08:35 PM
-
I have either had a stroke, am extremely dim or it's not obvious! :o
I have a 500 K1 with separate high/low and indicator switch on the L/H/S. Try as I might I cannot get these to sit flush together. I assume that it's grip/indicator/high/low but the indicator cables get in the way. How does it fit please?
Thanks, Sye.
-
They are not meant to fit flush it tight together Sye, they will crack if you try. Have it tight at the front ie, facing the front wheel and the gap at the back, so water doesn't get in.
-
If you mean the circular switch it is an on/off not high/low and starting from end it is grip; indicator/horn with wires inside bars then a gap then on/off with wires outside bars
-
They are not meant to fit flush it tight together Sye, they will crack if you try. Have it tight at the front ie, facing the front wheel and the gap at the back, so water doesn't get in.
I don't mean the clamp sits flush to the bars Julie, I mean the switches sit flush alongside one another without a gap. Just found some pictures that suggest the high/low swith is just kind of shoved on the handlebas wherever you can get it. Pretty poo really and looks naff. Hey ho, that's what I'll do though.
-
If you mean the circular switch it is an on/off not high/low and starting from end it is grip; indicator/horn with wires inside bars then a gap then on/off with wires outside bars
Aha, maybe I've not got standard bars as there isn't a hole in mine?
-
Standard for your bike is bars with holes for the wires Sye.
-
Thanks Julie but mine deffo has no holes except at both ends. ;) Currently looking for a set avec said holes but no luck so-far.
-
It will be like looking for hens teeth in a pile of Unicorn poo Sye....good luck.
-
Not original but they have the holes. Any good? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB-500-Four-K0-K1-K2-K3-Lenker-Chrom-deutsche-Ausfuhrung-Reproduktion/362137474247?hash=item54511354c7:g:YX4AAOSwrFtZ6zCv
-
The ones in the link are just repro bars for the CB550 F. If your wires are running on the outside of the bars, the switch gear is the wrong ones or someone had broken a lump out to feed the wires .
-
Something strange with that link, it keeps changing the listing / supplier and shows different item each time I follow the link.
-
Same bars >>> https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB550F2-SUPER-SPORT-1977/part_188996/
-
The ones in the link are just repro bars for the CB550 F. If your wires are running on the outside of the bars, the switch gear is the wrong ones or someone had broken a lump out to feed the wires .
Not sure I understand Graham? The switchgear is new and the correct ones for a UK K1. The ones on the bike were knackered and the wiring was on the outside of the bars. The ones in the link are repro but according to the listing are an exact copy with the correct holes. I don't want to drill the bars I have as it's not worth the bother and they aren't that great anyway, so the only other option is repro or used and rechrome.
-
Same bars >>> https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB550F2-SUPER-SPORT-1977/part_188996/
If they are the same as the 500 I will buy them, thanks Graham.
-
Same bars >>> https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB550F2-SUPER-SPORT-1977/part_188996/
If they are the same as the 500 I will buy them, thanks Graham.
The ones you posted in the link have P/N 53100-300-610P, which relates to the 750. There is a big difference between the 750 and 500 four. The 550 repro bars have a different rake to the 500, DSS do the right rake for the 500 but, without the holes ;)
-
OK, I'm going to keep looking in the vain hope that I find some. Which ones are the nearest to original 500's Graham, 750, 550 or 400?
-
OK, I'm going to keep looking in the vain hope that I find some. Which ones are the nearest to original 500's Graham, 750, 550 or 400?
The UK 550F are the nearest to the UK 500 K1 that i have found ;)
-
Duly ordered after wasting the afternoon looking for the 500 ones with holes. Thanks Graham. :)
-
I looked at DSS and saw they do 500 reproduction bars...but without the holes!!! So asked sales at DSS to get out one of these and the 550F ones that have the holes and compare. He couldn't measure any difference so bought them and am happy.
UK 500 K1 has switch P, L, H switch on the RHS which is difficult to find in good condition.
-
What Graham means, I think, is that original 500 L/H and R/H switch electrical wires are routed inside the bars via the holes but a lot of people bought cheaper undrilled bars and cut a piece out of the lower half of the switch to run the wires down the outside. When I was doing it full time I always refused to fit drilled bars as Honda genuine ones are reinforced for strength.
That circular switch IS NOT HIGH/LOW it is an ON/OFF