Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: stevie750 on March 23, 2008, 08:35:33 PM
-
Hi guys, just finished off rebuilding the 750.
New wheels, new paint-job, & hours & hours of polishing.
Took & passed MOT, took it on it's first run today (front brakes p**h)!
Does anybody know of an upgraded brake-pad i could use to improve my brakes?
I've already got good-ridge hoses on it.
Have uploaded a few of the latest photo's in the gallery, under 'Stevie's find'.
Kind regards
Stevie.
-
If you can find EBC HH sintered pads to fit they are superb but you'll probably just find it's the disc material itself that is causing the problem. The OEM discs are really poor and get worse in the wet...bin them for some nice cast iron ones :-)
-
Cheers mate,i'll check it out. thanks Stevie
-
Sintered pads are the way to go. We used Ferodo in the 70's but nowadays, EBC seem to sweep all before them.
Don't forget that sintered pads will wear your discs faster...
-
I've just removed the front disc from my K7 to send off to CAT engineering to have it converted to cast iron.
Firstly, it weighs over 3Kg - literally off my kitchen scale! I put the discless wheel back on the bike, wheeled the bike under cover and the whole thing feels noticeably lighter.
My question is, what is the ideal brake pad material to use with cast iron discs? Is it a trade-off? I.e, sintered pads will brake better but wear the disc faster ?