Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Dangerous-Dave on April 27, 2008, 08:19:06 PM

Title: Exhaust baffles
Post by: Dangerous-Dave on April 27, 2008, 08:19:06 PM
Hi has anyone modified or taken out the original exhaust baffles, my K7 has the original 4 into 4 but the baffles on the lower exhausts are rattling, is there any point in try to get these out, oh and what difference will it make to the noise level or MOT or indeed performance. Any help much appreciated

Dave  8)
Title: Re: Exhaust baffles
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on April 28, 2008, 09:26:44 AM
My 550K3 had similar exhausts to the K7 and my two lower silencers had rotted out. The chrome was OK but if you stuck your (little) finger in the end it was empty. Sounded kinda offbeat as well. Never a problem with the MOT, but like everything, it depends upon where you go and how picky the tester is.

Performance: it sounded faster than it was! I'm sure the fueling/carburation was screwed up by the lack of back pressure but to be honest, I never noticed.
Title: Re: Exhaust baffles
Post by: matthewmosse on April 28, 2008, 08:27:57 PM
I've a dead set off a 550k3 that I'm keeping for a pattern when I get some time and stainless... they have at some stage had the ends cut off , new baffles inserted and then been re welded, looking at the condition this was probably done at different times so was presumably 'successfull' thou I bet it wrecked the chrome. Generic aftermarket baffles are available if it were an mot issue, brazeing as opposed to welding can look ok on the sliencer end of the system.