Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Soulfiend on May 08, 2008, 10:15:22 PM

Title: hose diagram
Post by: Soulfiend on May 08, 2008, 10:15:22 PM
Hi, i have a 1976 cb750f that i am rebuilding. I had to buy carbs that i rebulit and the airbox. The problem is i don't know where the hoses go to and from the airbox. one has to come from the valve cover and one comes from the top of the airbox, but there is a breather valve under the battery with three ports and i do not know what goes to what because i am trying to get the best performance out of this oldy but goody.

thanks
Erin   
Title: Re: hose diagram
Post by: Spitfire on May 09, 2008, 10:36:12 AM
Hi Erin I completed the rebuild on my 76 CB750F last year, the rocker box breather hose goes into the side of the little pot, vapours  run in a hose from the top of the pot to the air box, any liquid comes out of the bottom of the pot. See attached diagrams and photo of my bike's set up.Note one of the diagrams is for an F2 but it is the same basic set up.

Cheers 

Den

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Progress%20shots/F1Breatherpot.jpg)

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Progress%20shots/F1BREATHERPOT-1.jpg)

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Progress%20shots/F2Breather.jpg)
Title: Re: hose diagram
Post by: Andy1976 on July 17, 2008, 02:24:04 PM
Hi there I am also restoring a 750F1 and looking at the photo, am I right in thinking that the larger hose is the breather to the oil tank? when I removed my engine there were no breather pipes on all. cheers
Title: Re: hose diagram
Post by: Spitfire on July 17, 2008, 05:35:04 PM
Yes the larger hose is from the oil tank and plugs into the gearbox.

Cheers

Den