Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: hector2800 on July 10, 2008, 04:50:17 PM

Title: F2 exhausts
Post by: hector2800 on July 10, 2008, 04:50:17 PM
Can anyone out there recommend an exhaust that looks even remotely like the original and sounds as good as I remember they used to. One of mine was made in derby by a relatively obscure firm and the other is a bsm exhaust which is a bit fat and ugly, so neither are really what I'm after but they will have to do till something else comes along. I put 250 quid on a genuine silencer on ebay a couple of weeks ago but I didnt get even close and it didnt have headers(front pipes)either.
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: Bryanj on July 14, 2008, 12:25:43 PM
Only ones I ever new fitted decent were Motad but usually quieter than original
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 14, 2008, 03:19:26 PM
Wash your mouth out Bryan...    ;D   Maybe a good fit and well made, but fugly and strangled.  Jim Shea drilled holes in the end of his (F1) after talking to their tech dept!

I don't think there's really anything out there.

We had an F2 (with a white frame  ::) ) fitted with a Marshall Deeptone. It didn't look very original but my God what a noise!!!
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: Dave M on July 14, 2008, 07:58:49 PM
Got one of them on my 550. Sounds very nice.
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: hector2800 on July 14, 2008, 08:15:37 PM
kool thanks guys I'll keep a look out . :)
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: matthewmosse on July 14, 2008, 08:30:09 PM
best looking and sounding pipes I ever saw was the triumph 'raygun' from the old rockett 3 that was cut and shut onto a bsm system on my 500/4 when I got it, just gotta weld up the collector sometime. I'd love to get a pair of rayguns on a 4 into 2 set up ;D
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: Bryanj on July 15, 2008, 06:47:25 AM
Now come on Steve---I did say quieter than original and yo have to agree the chrome and build quality is good.
By the way you tried the .net site recently? cant seem to get on there
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on July 15, 2008, 06:59:10 AM
Been broken since Monday lunchtime.

I can't get through to Glenn so he's either on vacation or working on it!
Title: Re: F2 exhausts
Post by: hector2800 on July 16, 2008, 10:46:48 PM
site is back as you all probably know now thanks for the info peeps.