Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Spitfire on July 27, 2008, 03:13:57 PM

Title: Fed up with BSM muffler
Post by: Spitfire on July 27, 2008, 03:13:57 PM
Well it's well made, looks nice and shiny but I'm fed up with cleaning plugs, running rich and using a lot of petrol, so the Dunstall has gone back on, will see if things improve, as I never had these problems in the past.

Cheers

Den

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Exhaust/HondawithDunstall003.jpg)

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/Exhaust/HondawithDunstall001.jpg)
Title: Re: Fed up with BSM muffler
Post by: mick on July 27, 2008, 05:19:29 PM
Bikes looking good Den, i know that when we put on universal silencers on years ago sometimes we had to drill some holes in the ends to let the bike breath , you could feel the engine being strangled and adding extra holes helped ;), cheers Mick.
Title: Re: Fed up with BSM muffler
Post by: Spitfire on July 27, 2008, 08:03:03 PM
Yep,
      Don't want to mess with the BSM much, but if the Dunstall falls to bits I can see some holes appearing in the end plate of the BSM.

Cheers

Den 
Title: Re: Fed up with BSM muffler
Post by: Andy1976 on August 01, 2008, 05:07:16 PM
Hi Den, I've got a BSM for my F1 but it looks too low down. How was yours fixed on? The bracket on the muffler is off my old motad. (http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p363/andy-1976/CB750pics/260708mis044.jpg)
Title: Re: Fed up with BSM muffler
Post by: Spitfire on August 02, 2008, 01:50:57 PM
Hi Andy,
             That does look awfully low to me, mine is bolted onto the standard exhaust bracket (onto the back of the passenger footrest), but I do have standard header pipes as well, for the Dunstall I just made up a bracket from 1" X 1/8" flatbar with a bend on the bottom to stop the centre stand hitting the chain.

Cheers

Den

(http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z244/DennisMcc/finished/RHReardetail.jpg)