Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Raymond_Y on March 04, 2019, 12:54:17 PM

Title: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Raymond_Y on March 04, 2019, 12:54:17 PM
I am rebuilding a 1971 CB500K0 and have not been able to get a hinge or catch / lock for the seat. Bizarly, I have bits of a catch, but not the main part that bolts to the frame.  I have made a hinge as a (hopefully) temporary measure, but I suspect the legs are too long, making the seat sit higher than it should.  Could anyone advise the height of the retaining pin holes above the seat base and if both legs are the same.
I do have a CB550 seat catch / lock, but don’t have the bolt on plate that you need to attach that to the frame.  I could end up having to improvise as the only CB500K0 catch I have found so far is in the US and would cost more in shipping than the cost to buy the catch.  I may modify the seat pan before I fit new foam / cover to allow me to fit either a CB550 sprung catch or the original CB500K0 hook type catch.

Many thanks in advance.

Raymond
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Bryanj on March 04, 2019, 05:19:06 PM
Give me a week and i will check on my No36
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Seabeowner on March 04, 2019, 07:18:09 PM
I thought all the 500s and 550s had the same hinge. Certainly the 500K0 and K1s are the same according to the p/l on Honda4fun.
CMSNL list 77201-323-000 for these but 77201-323-010 for the 550s.
Anyway the hinge I have in my hand measures 22mm from the centres of both holes to the base (where it fits against the seat).
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Woodside on March 04, 2019, 07:30:00 PM
What exactly do you need
I have a k0 seat off at the moment so would be easy to photo with a tape on
K0 are definitely different but probably  easier to recreate

Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Raymond_Y on March 04, 2019, 07:37:16 PM
Thanks guys, that’s the dimension I was looking for.  The legs of the hinge I have made are too long as I suspected.

Many thanks

Raymond
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Woodside on March 04, 2019, 07:40:18 PM
Pics more to follow
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Woodside on March 04, 2019, 07:41:46 PM
Pics

Any good?
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Raymond_Y on March 04, 2019, 08:11:53 PM
Excellent, thanks that is exactly what I was after.

Raymond
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Trigger on March 07, 2019, 08:28:42 PM
Here is one >>> www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500-CB-500-Four-1971-1973-Seat-Saddle-Hinge/352611754952?fits=UKM_Make%3AHonda%7CUKM_StreetName%3AFour&epid=8030014240&hash=item52194c63c8:g:fy8AAOSwv-JcgWPk
Title: Re: CB500K0 hinge dimensions
Post by: Raymond_Y on March 07, 2019, 09:01:00 PM
Thanks Trigger, bought it.  I am also negotiating with them for a pair of headlight mounts.

Raymond