Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Raymond_Y on March 07, 2019, 06:09:52 PM
-
Spent today dismantling my 1971 CB500K0 carbs for cleaning and refurbishment. All went reasonably well, despite having to cut two of the four float pins to get the floats out. However, there is one item that fell on the floor as I was dismantling one of the carbs and I did not see were it came from. I believe it is part no 96211-05000 which is 5/32†steel ball. Can anyone advise what the purpose of this little ball is.
Many thanks
Raymond
-
Is it the one from the choke mechanism?
-
I suspect it is, as it was the choke mechanism I was dismantling at the time. Where does it fit and what is it’s purpose.
Raymond
-
I suspect it is, as it was the choke mechanism I was dismantling at the time. Where does it fit and what is it’s purpose.
Raymond
It clicks as you push the choke lever up and stops the lever going back down on its own.
-
Thanks for the input. Have figured it out now.
Many thanks
Raymond