Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: mike the bike on April 06, 2019, 03:13:24 PM

Title: Decal
Post by: mike the bike on April 06, 2019, 03:13:24 PM
Not happy right now.  I'm cleaning up the bike ready for the Llanishen show in Cardiff, bought some Gunk,   jet washing the stuff off when my side panel decal disintegrated. I just hope classicreproductiondecals can get a replacement to me by Friday.
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: Johnwebley on April 06, 2019, 03:50:45 PM
Bad luck Mike.
Those jet washer can be to powerful.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Decal
Post by: ka-ja on April 06, 2019, 07:28:00 PM
Paint the next one with a good varnish, overlapping it by 3-4 millimeters
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: Rob62 on April 06, 2019, 07:53:35 PM
I’d be worried about getting water into all the places i it shouldn’t be...including the electrics, past oil seals etc... if you must jet wash I’d make sure the nozzle is kept well back to avoid the high pressure
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: Nurse Julie on April 06, 2019, 08:27:35 PM
Not happy right now.  I'm cleaning up the bike ready for the Llanishen show in Cardiff, bought some Gunk,   jet washing the stuff off when my side panel decal disintegrated. I just hope classicreproductiondecals can get a replacement to me by Friday.
I always said washing bikes was overrated 😀😀😀
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: mike the bike on April 06, 2019, 08:56:51 PM
Honestly, I wasn't giving it a lot of force.  Not like I was jet washing the drive.   I think the decal was coming loose anyway and washing it just finished it off.
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: Piki on April 07, 2019, 11:49:36 AM
Have you a pic from the decal?
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: mike the bike on April 07, 2019, 12:17:54 PM
Hi Piki.  I've ordered a pair already.   I would have asked you but I need it by Friday.  Thanks anyway.
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: Piki on April 07, 2019, 12:50:14 PM
Not Problem Mate, I would like see the decal only, anyway if you want I could send a pair free to you for "peace of mind".
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: mike the bike on April 07, 2019, 07:31:15 PM
I'll scan it and send you the image.
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: adespin on April 08, 2019, 12:16:11 PM
Mike, are you showing your bike or just a spectator? I would go myself on my K1 but i don't trust the weather.
Title: Re: Decal
Post by: mike the bike on April 08, 2019, 06:28:32 PM
It's on show  on the South Wales Classic Motorcycle Club stand.   That's why I've got the autosol out.