Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: mike the bike on April 07, 2019, 07:37:52 PM

Title: Shock Absorbers
Post by: mike the bike on April 07, 2019, 07:37:52 PM
While I was tarting up the bike and eradicating the winter crud, I was looking at the shocks.
Humph, I thought, those shocks let the bike down a bit.  The tops were rusty and need of repainting.   After a minute of head scratching while I polished off the coffee and Hobnob that Mrs Thebike provided, I had the idea of compressing the springs with large tie wraps.
It worked brilliantly.   After a quick spray they look like new again.
Title: Re: Shock Absorbers
Post by: Green1 on April 07, 2019, 07:40:46 PM
Until you hit them with the pressure washer  ;D
Title: Re: Shock Absorbers
Post by: mike the bike on April 07, 2019, 08:14:22 PM
That's not gonna happen again.