Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: heliwilly on May 30, 2019, 10:30:56 AM

Title: Rocker shafts
Post by: heliwilly on May 30, 2019, 10:30:56 AM
Hi,
I need to get the rockers out as I want the cover blasting.
At the outer ends I see a large screwdriver slot and the shaft is threaded 6mm.
What is the method used to remove the rocker shafts.
Looks like, to me, that they can be pulled out using the threaded portion of the shaft???
All info greatly appreciated.
Cheers  Bill W.
Title: Re: Rocker shafts
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 30, 2019, 10:47:39 AM
Yes bill, jut put a bolt in of the correct size and pull on the bolt and the shaft will come out.
Title: Re: Rocker shafts
Post by: heliwilly on May 30, 2019, 10:55:29 AM
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It looked like that was the way, but not having done one of these before I wanted to be sure.

Thanks

Bill.
Title: Re: Rocker shafts
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 30, 2019, 10:57:24 AM
I should also have mentioned that if you pull the shafts and nothing moves at all, it may have kepper wedges fitted. These are black and are under the pucks.
Title: Re: Rocker shafts
Post by: heliwilly on May 30, 2019, 11:38:59 AM
Thanks Julie, I will give those a look as the screw doesn't want to move it.

Cheers Bill.
Title: Re: Rocker shafts
Post by: heliwilly on May 30, 2019, 12:12:41 PM
Hi Julie,

All sorted, keeper wedges out, rocker shafts removed.

Thanks

Bill.