Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: scotia_steve on December 03, 2008, 09:32:19 AM

Title: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: scotia_steve on December 03, 2008, 09:32:19 AM
I've now done a good bit of work on the CB750 and for the life of me have no idea where to find a good match for the silver fork legs.

I'm looking for help on a UK source for a primer and silver to match the original on the forks as best as I can from a spray can.

I've had really good success with Plasti-cote blacks on the steering tem and instrument cluster but the silver is eluding me :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Title: Re: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on December 03, 2008, 10:32:21 AM
I've found that Halfords VHT Aluminium spray paint is a very good match for the alloy bits on my Sprint. It comes in small cans too so cheap/easy to test.
Title: Re: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: Spitfire on December 03, 2008, 11:54:48 AM
Bit confused here, the fork legs on the CB750 if I remember correctly are polished aluminium not painted.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: scotia_steve on December 03, 2008, 12:33:25 PM
Painted on mine. A kind of matt silver that seems to be original.
Title: Re: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: matthewmosse on December 03, 2008, 05:11:11 PM
Alloy wheel paint's an ok match on my 500/4
Title: Re: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: scotia_steve on December 03, 2008, 05:49:43 PM
Alloy wheel paint's an ok match on my 500/4

I was looking at that and it seemed pretty close....
 ;D
Title: Re: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on December 03, 2008, 06:49:50 PM
I wouldn't use alloy wheel paint on anything that gets hot, but if it's good enough for wheels then your forks should be fine.
Title: Re: Fork Silver Paint
Post by: scotia_steve on December 03, 2008, 07:03:04 PM
That was one colour that looked close. I like the polished look but I'll give painting another go - first colour looked wrong so back to bare metal now!