Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: ianmck on December 11, 2008, 08:47:59 PM
-
Hello everyone, I am after a bit of help, just got myself an imported K4, it has just occured to me that before I can get it mot'd I will need to renew the headlight as it dips to the right, before I go out and do a straiht forward replacement, is there a better alternative that anyone might suggest that can be fitted.
Regards to all, stay well, and safe.
-
My 500/4 has a French Cibie Z-Beam which dips to the right.
My MOT man taped the offending beam pattern, passed the bike and told me that if I took the tape off, he wouldn't notice...
-
On my 750 there is a screw you can adjust to make the headlight point the other way. No idea if that helps :)
-
Probably wont work on K4 as the usa used a RH dip sealed beam unit, BUT go to a car scrappie and any 7" light will fit including H4 halogen ones---instant upgrade as long as you dont ride with it on all the time as it will only charge over about 4,500 revs with the charging system in good order.
Cibie grat but dear
If you can live with re-charging the battery a CEV Marchall is fantastic as it has seperate bulbs for main and dip and with a small amount of jiggery pokery you get 220 watts on main beam
-
and with a small amount of jiggery pokery you get 220 watts on main beam
From a 160W alternator?
-
Yup but only for a short time, thats why you have to live with re-charging the battery! You should see the eyeballs melt if somebody upsets you though
-
I turned mine upside down - will that work ??? ;D
-
Not unless you want to see low flying nocturnal ducks on dip beam!!!
-
Keep your eyes open on eBay for a period 70's Cibie convertion. I did. 100% more light for the same number of watts...
In the day, we all had "Z" beams, which speared light up the left hand side of the road on dip and illuminated the horizon on main.
I also had an "H" beam in the late 70's which had a dip pattern more like a modern bike or car (ie an uplift on the left hand side)
I picked up an original "H" on eBay recently for my 500/4 for about