Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Andrew-S on August 01, 2019, 03:38:06 PM

Title: K1's Paintset on its way from Menno....
Post by: Andrew-S on August 01, 2019, 03:38:06 PM
Got an email from Menno yesterday to say my K1's paintset is on its way and it looks absolutely stunning - what a boost to my recovery!

I’m feeling positively re-energised and really looking forward to it arriving and getting to work on the K1. However, at the moment I’m taking things slowly and won't be rushing into anything, so I'm focusing on cleaning up all the badges, de-gunking and rebuilding the fuel tap and polishing up the petrol cap which is pitted but nicely reflects the age of the bike.

Title: Re: K1's Paintset on its way from Menno....
Post by: UK Pete on August 05, 2019, 06:32:24 PM
Oh wow, it will look  amazing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Title: Re: K1's Paintset on its way from Menno....
Post by: K2-K6 on August 05, 2019, 08:17:08 PM
Looks fabulous doesn't it.  That'll definitely help with your recuperation Andrew,  with that little lot to look at  :D
Title: Re: K1's Paintset on its way from Menno....
Post by: Andrew-S on August 06, 2019, 09:24:41 AM
Thanks fellas, Menno's work is absolutely stunning and looks even better in the flesh than shown in the pictures.

It’ll be a little while until I’m feeling well enough to fit it all up, but something to look forward to and work towards.
Title: Re: K1's Paintset on its way from Menno....
Post by: MrDavo on August 06, 2019, 10:48:40 PM
It looks as wonderful as we have come to expect from Menno.

You will probably need to run, as I did, by hand, a small drill bit through the holes for the hinge and latch pins for the cap, maybe also where the badge pin retainers fit. I was very nervous doing this as I was terrified that one slip could ruin the perfect finish so maybe protect the tank with cloths or similar. I was also wary of using any kind of adhesive tape, as the paint may still be relatively soft.