Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: davidrsmith on August 08, 2019, 07:50:13 PM
-
Hi
I have got my new ignition switch and replaced the red wire from the fuse to the ignition switch plug (see previous posts).
When I started putting it all back together I was looking at the route of the wiring loom where it goes around the fork yokes, the main part of the loom goes under the triangular metal piece that forms the bottom of the yoke then up into the headlight. It looks a bit tight and i think it need to go above the triangular metal piece. I can't find any diagrams that show the correct routing, can any 550 owners tell me how theirs is routed around the yoke area.
Thanks
Dave
-
Hi Dave
have a look inside shop manual (Aladdin's Cave), page 143 or page 167. Maybe not exactly your model, but you should find answer there
-
Main wiring loom goes under the bottom yoke and held in place by large clip that is bolted to underside of yoke.
-
Hi,
Thanks for the info, I looked in the shop manual but it really wasn't clear, so thanks for confirming that for me Phil.
I did notice in some of the sheets that there is a main loom clip which attaches to the left tank rubber spigot, I don't have one of these and I can't see one listed in the parts lists anywhere. Is there supposed to be such a clip fitted?
Many thanks
Dave
-
Our CB550/4 F2 has that clip but my CB550/4 mongrel ( with a K3 frame) doesn't have one.