Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: paulbaker1954 on August 23, 2019, 05:49:27 PM

Title: Inlet manifold clamps
Post by: paulbaker1954 on August 23, 2019, 05:49:27 PM
Fitted new OEM inlet rubbers and bought new clamps from DSS but they are not clamping tight

Anyone ever used jubilee clips or can recommend any alternative?
Title: Re: Inlet manifold clamps
Post by: Trigger on August 23, 2019, 06:06:28 PM
What is the middle number Sliver sent, GHB or 844 ?
Title: Re: Inlet manifold clamps
Post by: peterengland on August 23, 2019, 06:12:50 PM
I use jubliee clips but the narrow banded ones and no leaks!
Title: Re: Inlet manifold clamps
Post by: paulbaker1954 on August 23, 2019, 11:21:00 PM
What is the middle number Sliver sent, GHB or 844 ?

9501844250 was DS part number

Ordered some thin (8mm)  jubilee clips from INOX fasteners will see how they go
Title: Re: Inlet manifold clamps
Post by: paulbaker1954 on August 28, 2019, 08:20:25 AM
Getting a bit further with all this clamp stuff

I noticed the clamps I had on the inlet rubbers (engine side) were stamped with a number 44.

I checked with DSS about this and got this reply

Hello

Part number 9501844250 is stamped with 42 and seems to fit the 16211323000 rubbers nicely.

Regards
Gerry



So it seems I may have been using the wrong clamps in the wrong place (easy to do as they do look very  much the same)

I think this clamp is for the inlet side of the carbs and as such is a bit bigger.

Am checking with DSS if the inlet side  side clamps have a different number which I bet they do and I am betting its 44

More to follow

Lesson learnt here is be careful not to mix them up as they are NOT the same part
Title: Re: Inlet manifold clamps
Post by: deltarider on August 28, 2019, 09:27:48 AM
If yours happen to be a K3, check orientation boots (see pic).
Title: Re: Inlet manifold clamps
Post by: paulbaker1954 on September 04, 2019, 10:49:17 PM
Ok 8mm jubilee clips arrived from INOX

http://www.inoxbolt.co.uk/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=475_498 (http://www.inoxbolt.co.uk/zen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=475_498)

Good news they are great quality, fit really well and don’t pinch the rubbers

Bad news they didn’t solve my bad running condition

One step forward two back then!!!