Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: philward on September 22, 2019, 09:32:40 PM

Title: F1 Tank Mounting Info
Post by: philward on September 22, 2019, 09:32:40 PM
i have an F1 tank that came with my K6 Cafe Racer project that I am considering fitting. Before I  make some brackets to make the F1 tank fit the K6 frame, can anybody post any pictures of the rear mounting arrangements for a standard F1 in case the standard fitting is adaptable
Thanks in advance
Title: Re: F1 Tank Mounting Info
Post by: Moorey on September 22, 2019, 10:27:40 PM
Do you want tank or frame or both. If no one else does it I will when I get home.
Title: Re: F1 Tank Mounting Info
Post by: Trigger on September 22, 2019, 10:43:45 PM
A F1 tank fits straight on to a K6 frame, it just has a different rear mounting rubber  ;)
Title: Re: F1 Tank Mounting Info
Post by: Spitfire on September 23, 2019, 09:49:40 AM
Some pics of mine during rebuild
(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/9767/KwmVfb.jpg)
(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/7852/l7EHFK.jpg)
(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/8825/zpOzhv.jpg)

Cheers

Dennis
Title: Re: F1 Tank Mounting Info
Post by: philward on September 23, 2019, 03:16:18 PM
Thanks Guys - no mods then, just a new rubber mount. I assumed that the bracket that holds the rubber mount was further aft on the frame on an F1 (as tank is longer and no experience of F1). I'll order one from DS.
Incidentally, progressing well, just refurbed switches and new harness to go in next. Engine has had rebuild and standard exhaust are away with a friend to weld the holes (in the areas that don't show luckily) - I had these spare and to keep the cost of the build down, will be painting them black. Seen a few on tinternet and I think they can go well with the cafe racer thing - we'll see!When I get them back, I will use them as a template to re-weld the rear frame mounts (that hold the rear pegs/exhaust) back on - they had been cut off by a PO but came in the box of spares. Then only bits and bobs to finish with target next spring when I will sell it to fund the 500 standard build.
Have attached a pic of the progress so far
Thanks again