Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: johnw on February 15, 2009, 09:33:52 AM

Title: Hello
Post by: johnw on February 15, 2009, 09:33:52 AM
Hi to everyone as a recent owner of cb650 whilst browsing the net for help i came across this site already it has been useful.  A Great site.I live in west sussex near billingshurst
and have always owned brit classics,i also own a vincent comet.I decided i needed a bike that i could use on a daily basis ,without the risk of breakdowns or theft.I hope i have made a good choice with  the cb650. Value for money compared to a british bike is fantastic.I last owned a honda in 1969 a cb160 which replaced a bsa c15 250 no comparison!The honda was far superior.
Looking forward to many happy hours with you all
johnw
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on February 15, 2009, 09:35:26 AM
Hi John.

I was down your way yesterday (on my Sprint - not my 500/4...). Lovely day for a ride and loads of bikes out on the A272!
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: pae on February 15, 2009, 06:38:59 PM
Hi John, I think you contacted me the other day. Good to see you here.

Phil
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: johnw on February 19, 2009, 08:32:29 PM
Hi Steve it was a good day but unfortunately not for riding as i seem to have a problem with charging and a melting spark unit Somebody in the past has fitted a shindengen sh236-12   8.7 reg/rec unit  any ideas? I alsothink i could have damaged the spark unit by fast charging the batt is this likely.
john w
Title: Re: Hello
Post by: JonnyB on February 20, 2009, 07:59:38 AM
Hi John

Welcome to the site, I'm sure someone can help you out, The 650 board has been growing over the last few months.

Have Fun

John