Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on October 26, 2019, 09:07:37 AM

Title: Check your ENDs
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 26, 2019, 09:07:37 AM
This I discovered last night checking the electrics, timing etc. Trimming the HT leads and reconnecting, this screwed off with the cable, not much holding it!
Title: Re: Check your ENDs
Post by: AshimotoK0 on October 26, 2019, 09:44:29 AM
Thought there was a wavy washer retainer thing that held it in. Well it's like that on  the 70's style NGK ones I have seen
Title: Re: Check your ENDs
Post by: royhall on October 26, 2019, 09:55:26 AM
I had the exact same thing happen on some caps that came with a Boyer Bransden ignition kit. Swapped them for NGK now but the fitting method was still the same.
Title: Re: Check your ENDs
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 26, 2019, 10:35:09 AM
Incidentally this is an NGK cap as are all caps on my K3. Don’t know whether these are original. New on order, Dave Silvers. No other known fixings on these.