Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: ianmck on March 13, 2009, 11:59:52 AM
-
Hello everyone, is it possible to renew the HT leads only on a CB 750, or any other SOHC, without having to renew the coils, mine are not in the best condition, but dont want to go to the expense of renewing coils as well if poss.
Regards ianmck.
-
There are two ways to re-use yours.
(1) use the NGK screw in straight connector after cutting the leads short. This works but not if its 'issing down!
(2) cut away the coil surround at the ht lead and re-solder new ones in then repair case with epoxy.
You can fit the DOHC coils that have replaceable leads BUT these are a lower Ohm rating for the electronic ignition and as such draw more current so that your charging circuit needs to be top notch plus you need to keep the motor over 3,000 rpm to charge
-
As Bryan says (how often do I say that!):
1. Cut them off and screw in new ones (trouble sealing though so possible bad news when it rains)
2. Cut the coils back and solder new wires. Reseal with epoxy. See attachment for details.
-
Steve, thankyou for those few kind words, i must have been awake earlier than you!
-
Thanks for your help gents, Steve, cant open the attachment you sent, can't figure out why, Regards ianmck
-
It's a Word document.
I'll save it as a pdf if you like (but the pictures will probably suffer)
-
Hello Steve, I don't know why but i still can't open the link, if it's no trouble, could you PDF it, and I'll try it that way.
Regards ianmck.
-
Try this
-
thats worked a treat Steve, thank you very much, I now have the full instructions complete with decent photo's, thanks again.
Regards ianmck.