Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: SumpMagnet on January 13, 2020, 11:42:15 PM

Title: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: SumpMagnet on January 13, 2020, 11:42:15 PM
Can anyone suggest a half decent set that won't break the bank?

The 40 year old FVQ units I have are OK to hold the bike up.....but I can't see any evidence of damping, and the things were never any good when they were new.
Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: cooleronthecoast on January 14, 2020, 08:12:10 AM
FVQ?  I remember those.  The jibe at the time was FVQ stood for Fades Very Quickly. Lol.   On a more serious note, it depends what you want to spend and how original you want them to look.   Hagons are pretty good IMO.
Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: Bryanj on January 14, 2020, 09:33:35 AM
Cheap shocks aint good and dont last. Hagons is cheapest i would use aftermarket Ikons way better. There is somebody doing excellant repro type cant remember name on ebay Julie might remember
Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: Nurse Julie on January 14, 2020, 09:40:50 AM
TEC Shocks are the best and we have them fitted to all our Honda SOHC/4's and I'm just about to order another 2 sets.
 https://www.tecbikeparts.com/
Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: Johnwebley on January 14, 2020, 10:04:25 AM
I have a set of TEC, springs are soft. But preload helps .

Damping is ok.

1/3 cost of Hagon.


Happy customer

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: paul G on January 14, 2020, 10:26:36 AM
Got TEC on mine with no problems :D
Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: Laverda Dave on January 14, 2020, 10:39:06 AM
+1 on TEC. I have them on the 400/4 and the 250RSA, great shocks.  Hagons are better but a lot more expensive.
Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: Rob62 on January 14, 2020, 01:17:16 PM
+ another on TEC... no problems at all and def look the part.... if anything I find them firm rather than soft. Approx £50 a set, cant go wrong.
Title: Re: looking for budget rear shocks that work....
Post by: SumpMagnet on January 14, 2020, 07:44:58 PM
Thanks guys....that's pretty clear.

TEC shocks at £60 a set sounds perfect to me.