Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: the-chauffeur on April 17, 2009, 11:21:15 PM

Title: Gunson's GasTester Professional - anyone used one before?
Post by: the-chauffeur on April 17, 2009, 11:21:15 PM

 . . . and are they any good?  I've got a bunch of carb'd bikes, two of which have points that a dwell meter might help with.  I gather these things have a bunch of different functions, so added to the multimeters I've already got, they seem like a good idea . . .

Trouble is, I haven't seen any reviews by motorcyclists - all those I've seen have been posted by classic car owners. 

Any ideas?
Title: Re: Gunson's GasTester Professional - anyone used one before?
Post by: Bryanj on April 22, 2009, 03:06:53 PM
Not many bike manuals give settings for exhaust readings so for the cost it aint worth it in my opinion----plus you can only set the idle mixture anyway
Title: Re: Gunson's GasTester Professional - anyone used one before?
Post by: the-chauffeur on April 22, 2009, 11:26:18 PM

Thanks Bry. Very kind.

Bit late now - I won one of them on fleaBay.  Fortunately it didn't cost a huge amount.

Not tried it on the CB yet . . . it'll be an experience if nothing else.

Regards


Neil