Honda-SOHC
General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: Russell on May 06, 2009, 09:37:54 PM
-
Hi,My name is Russell and i live in the south east of Kent.I used to be ride bikes about 25 years ago but then met the wife LOL.I mainly rode Stan Stephens tuned RD250/350lcs.Anyway working as a roofer i was reroofing a Garage which was full of bikes among these was a CB650z 1st reg in Jan 1979 and done 25000 miles.Its pretty original apart from the pipes and the seat. well to cut a long story short i ended up buying the sodding thing for 100 quid{dont tell the mrs}.I dont care how much it is worth as i bought the bike to ride and will just get it running and ride it.Next year i aim to do a total nut and bolt rebuild and have the bike as it came out of the factory.I will post pics of the bike as it is now if anyone is intrested.
Take care
Russ
-
Hi mate. Welcome to the site. loads of help and info on here.
Keep us informed on how you get on.
Andy.
-
Sounds like you got a bargin, enjoy it! Stan Stevens is I think still trading as his name still comes up in cmm. Ive just revived my kh125 2 stroke I first started out on, takes some getting used to a stroker after a honda 4 but your going the other way ;D
-
Russell, one of our VJMC Kent Branch members rebuilt a CB650 a year or so ago and made a super job of it. He's always at our club nights and would be a useful source of information. Check out our site www.vjmckent-branch.co.uk
-
check out www.davidsilverspares.co.uk and get a new credit card just for that, welcome
-
Hi All,thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for the links
Russ
-
Hi Russell, if you've not found it you'll find specific advice over at http://www.hondacb650.com/ but this is a great resource too (and predominantly UK based, which many sites aren't).
See link in my signature for the rebuild of my 650Z. I'm in East Sussex, so shout if you need anything.
Phil