Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Sprunghub on June 02, 2009, 11:05:38 PM

Title: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Sprunghub on June 02, 2009, 11:05:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has a comparative RAL Code, or BS, or Pantone code for a near as perfect - or perfect match for the Honda Sulfur yellow colour.  I'd like to get some enamel mixed up but for obvious reasons ( obvious to anyone who's seen the pics I posted of the bike !) I haven't got a panel to colour match.
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Bryanj on June 03, 2009, 02:35:13 PM
RS bradford sell the paints but wether they will tell you code or not is another matter
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Andy1976 on June 03, 2009, 11:57:16 PM
Here's a link to their web site
http://motorbikepaint.co.uk/
 :)
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Sprunghub on June 04, 2009, 10:00:58 PM
Thanks for the link & advice....not sure they'll play ball re providing the code so I can get it mixed up.....but the local Halfords has loads of 'swatches' & they're more likley to let me take the RAL code or whatever to check with you chaps ;).....& then hopefuly Tekaloid will make me up some enamel.
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Andy1976 on June 04, 2009, 10:44:33 PM
1976 CB750F, sulphur yellow HS-16-605  Special silver base coat UC-16-102. This code was listed next to colour red, I think it's the same for yellow but not 100%
The side panals are black.

Before you respray it you'll have to post up some more pictures of that 70's paint job.

I got the paint specs from the US site http://www.motorcycleproject.com/motorcycle/text/lubrtech.html

Andy
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Sprunghub on June 04, 2009, 11:04:10 PM
Andy, I'd sussed the Honda code, trouble is, they need a RAL code or a BS code to mix it.  There must be a match which will be so close as to be indiscernable.  If the worst comes to the worst I'll get some 2K mixed up, but I have to call in favours for the painting & hate that stuff.  Also paranoid about petrol stripping the work & haven't had much luck with petrol proof laquers.    I'm told the original tanks were enamel - not sure if it's true.
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Andy1976 on June 04, 2009, 11:20:08 PM
Just been on this site http://www.e-paint.co.uk/RAL_Colourchart.asp
RAL 1016.
I'm looking for paint too for my F1. Can't decide on red or yellow though.
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Bryanj on June 05, 2009, 07:29:54 AM
Not enamel just good laquer mate
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Sprunghub on June 14, 2009, 09:01:39 PM
I'm looking for paint too for my F1. Can't decide on red or yellow though.

Tanks primed & ready to paint.  Am going to use RS Paints Sulfur yellow topped off with their 2k non-toxic (can never remember what the nasty stuff is, but tehre paint doesnt have it) lacquer.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Title: Re: Colour match for Sulfur yellow ?
Post by: Bryanj on June 15, 2009, 04:55:28 AM
Cyanide mate