Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: JonnyB on June 09, 2009, 05:45:54 PM

Title: Re-chrome or Re-Place
Post by: JonnyB on June 09, 2009, 05:45:54 PM
I'm looking ar my old wheels and thinking, it would be nice if the were shinyer, they are in good condition, just loosing their chrome,

Is it cheaper to replace and respoke, or get it replated

Title: Re: Re-chrome or Re-Place
Post by: matthewmosse on June 09, 2009, 09:08:35 PM
I think the consensus is normally to replace- cost wise, personally I've not bothered although rebuilding is a satisfying job, I used the original rims. Re-chroming is expensive
Title: Re: Re-chrome or Re-Place
Post by: Dave M on June 09, 2009, 09:16:54 PM
I've replaced the rims and spokes on both the wheels on my CB550 for around
Title: Re: Re-chrome or Re-Place
Post by: matthewmosse on June 09, 2009, 09:54:53 PM
Sometimes it is possible to re-use the spokes, wd40 or duck oil sometimes does the trick.
Title: Re: Re-chrome or Re-Place
Post by: Sprunghub on June 09, 2009, 10:47:09 PM
I've had 1950's Dunlop rims re-plated......cost about
Title: Re: Re-chrome or Re-Place
Post by: Seamus on June 09, 2009, 11:29:47 PM
When rebuilding a Bonneville last year, I had the original Dunlop rims replated, at a cost of