Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: simonc on June 09, 2020, 06:51:07 PM

Title: cb 550 500
Post by: simonc on June 09, 2020, 06:51:07 PM
hi can  a ignition switch and or wiring harness from a550 f2/f3 be used  with a 500 k1 engine had weak spark now none.
The bike f3 550 usa had k1  500 engine fitted , I have installed a wiring harness that came with bike 550 ignition barrel

I do have a 550 engine on bench but the 500 engine is good low miles 9,000     quandry   
Title: Re: cb 550 500
Post by: simonc on June 09, 2020, 10:37:53 PM
cheers odd job will  have another look tommorow  i will change ignition switch for anothe,r the one on there key turns all the way round with two on positions
Title: Re: cb 550 500
Post by: simonc on June 09, 2020, 11:27:02 PM
the running gear frame is f3 1977 the engine is 500 k1 it came with clocks off  the 500,  wiring harness was poor it had 500 ignition but no key
Title: Re: cb 550 500
Post by: mickandsej on June 10, 2020, 09:00:26 AM
I thought I had kill switch issues so I unplugged it in the headlight and just plugged the BW and B together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: cb 550 500
Post by: simonc on June 10, 2020, 11:13:25 PM
fitted other 550 ignition switch didnt have much time but tried and have spark  but weak
Title: Re: cb 550 500
Post by: simonc on June 11, 2020, 08:48:58 PM
cleaned bullet connectors  as advised spark looked better, tank on petrol in  engine running mainly on three pots but no air filter assembly fitted . well pleased. thanks for the help may need more  ;D