Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: T300 on June 22, 2020, 02:43:32 PM
-
Hi all,
I could do with some advice.
I am putting my K2 back on the road after many many years and need tyres. I ride reasonably enthusiastically and as I have a number of bikes the tyre life isn't the most important criteria. I am out of touch with whats available for these bikes now and what works well.
advice and recommendations please.
thanks
-
Im old school so Dunlop TT 100 for best handling Metzeller ME 77 REAR and ME 11 front for "normal" use and life
-
I'm old school as well, but I'm in the Avon camp. Roadriders give a good grip and reasonable mileage, a modern update on the 70's Roadrunners. Inspire dangerous amounts of confidence through the twisty bits with what are very heavy (by today's standards) bikes. My recommendation is based on my hard ridden 750F1
Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
-
Going back a long time i used an avon sm(square master) on the rear of a Triumph pre unit and a regrade quality Dunlop ribbed on the front(yes there was such a thing in early 70's) and it was fine at max speeds, Avon Roadrunners i never trusted after having to replace several with split sides when in the trade.
-
I use Avon's
Although on a 500.
they do inspire confidence .




Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
-
Avon Roadrider on both my 750's - work well for me
-
I use the same as Bryan - either TT100's front and rear, or Metzeler.
On the CB500 I always preferred TT100's, however the handling on (at least my) CB750 doesn't allow the same degree of enthusiasm in corners as the 500, so the Metzeler's have been fine, look better and last longer.
-
Thanks Chaps,
I am really chuffed at the response. I haven't done forums before so forgive me if I get things wrong . With the covid thing I have been getting many of my motley collection back on the road. I was a Honda/Suzuki/Puch/Vespa Mechanic 35 years ago who had to work on everything including stuff I had never seen before, (with no workshop manual) so I am used to sorting things out myself and was a bit stumped on this tyre thing. (As an aside I love being described as a "newbie" at the age of 61!)
I am now pricing up TT100, Metz and Roadrunners, forgive me Bryan but I shivered at the thought of an avon SM! I would use them on one of my sidecar outfits and at a push my 3ta.
I think joining this forum was a good thing and I am looking forward to chatting with you guys.
I am informed it's normal to list what bikes you have ? not sure if this is the right place should I list them here?
Many thanks Rich
-
Put them in your Signature Rich. It’s in your forum profile.
And tell us about your T3s
I had a load of them.
Daytona 900 (wish I’d never sold it)
Trident Sprint 900
Sprint Exec 900
Trophy 900 (urgh…)
Then
4x Sprint 955
Tiger 1050
2x Tiger 800
Now
Tiger 900 GT Pro
Speed Triple 955
CB500K0
Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.
Glad you spotted the T300 moniker, I will have a look at the signature place and put them on it.
Rich
(Brit stuff)
1991 Trident 9 (much adjusted) - daily ride
1992 Trophy 9 (135k) - in resto
1997 Daytona 955 – being “adjustedâ€
1959 3TA (fonzy lookalike) - in resto
1960 Bantam D7 on the list to be looked at