Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: loadsabits on July 28, 2009, 04:36:43 PM

Title: Hi everyone
Post by: loadsabits on July 28, 2009, 04:36:43 PM
Just a quick intro - I have been a biker for 37 years and am still not dead.  :)I use loadsabits as my username because for the moment that's what my bike is. When complete it will be a CB750 K2? first registered in 1974. The K2 has a question mark because I'm not really sure. I am in the (very) long process of rebuilding from the ground up and replacing anything that is rusty or worn out, and as the bike has been stored under plastic in a garden for about six years that's nearly everything that used to be chromed.
 Does anyone have any tips on how to rebuild rear wheels? I would like to have a go at messing it up for myself before taking it to a professional...
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: BigAl (Alan) on July 28, 2009, 05:35:28 PM
Welcome Loadsabits,
Not completed a wheel rebuild, but I am sure someone will have some advice
Good luck with your project

Alan
Title: Re: Hi everyone
Post by: Bryanj on July 29, 2009, 06:12:49 AM
With new spokes sort out the 2 different sorts (20 of each)

1 set goes from inside to outside
2 nd set vice versa

put the 20 that go from outside to inside in first and lace as per the pictures that you took of the original wheel that of course you have!!!!

put spindle end in a vice so you can spin the wheel and true using just these 20 spokes DONT FORGET the rim will "KICK" wher ethe weld is.

when its true fit the other 20 and tighten