Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on July 17, 2020, 09:18:30 PM
-
It maybe hovering about the middle somewhere, but I had a lovely 75 mile ride on my trusty old 550 this morning. Since restoring this machine I can honestly say this is a very enjoyable middle of the road machine (even with its PD46A carbs)! Certainly wouldn’t swap for no modern “crotch rocketâ€!
[attach=1]
-
Yes, a cracking day yesterday - was that taken in the 'wild west'?
Be extra careful on a 'middle of the road' machine, I might be coming the other way on my 350/4. 8)
Ian
-
Wow, what a backdrop too.
I feel all of these fours from 350 to 750 stand up to modern use really well. Just shows the fantastic work Honda did in conceving them all those years ago.
-
Looks beautiful especially against that backdrop
Cheers
Dennis
-
Yes, it's amazing that they would have started life on the drawing board more than 50 years ago and yet they are still very capable machines, very well suited to a blast around Orkney on a lovely sunny morning.
Ian
-
Yes Ian seemed to be the only bike on the road yesterday morning touring up west. Brough of Birsay Orkney for other people’s benefit. Didn’t like to pop along without warning. Next time I’ll give you a shout. Give us a shout if you get the 350 out, or even the 400!
-
Yes indeed Ian, the poor old “Brit bikes†never stood a chance!