Honda-SOHC
Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: SteveD CB500K0 on August 17, 2009, 08:14:38 AM
-
Are you all on holiday?
-
Morning Steve,
Perhaps they are all out and about making the most of this beautiful English weather we're having ::)
-
Just finishing off a series 2 landrover and haymaking with it- or at least trying ::)
-
I was thinking that too.
Even though I'm without bike I still keep on looking at what's going on.
I fly to Australia 3 weeks on Friday!
-
Does that mean we won't be hearing from you again Dave?
ex-pats are allowed on here you know - even though most of the Aussies hang out on soh4.net
Are you going to look up Terry? (or should that be "lock up" Terry ?)
-
I'll still keep visiting the site.
I've sold the 550 and it'll be interesting to see what I find out there. They don't have to salt their roads out there so corrosion is less of an issue.
I've already seen a few interesting items on Aus Ebay.
-
Re-fitted the Rickman fairing today after replacing the fork seals, just like your old one Steve.
-
Nah mate! Mine was a 500 so didn't have those idiot lights "floating" in mid air in the middle of the cockpit!
-
So how did they sit when the clocks were transferred to the fairing mount? Were they still attached to the yoke is some way?
-
normally the top yolk's top clamp is combined with the idiot lights, the set you have look like 550 ones, also the ignition switch for 500 lives under the tank so a few difference
-
On the 500 with the Rickman fairing the clocks stay bolted to the top yolk (ignition switch under the tank).
The headlamp mounted on a "stalk" and poked out of the front of the fairing and ace bars were required to stop the bars from fouling but other than that there were no mods. You could ride the bike with the fairing removed (looked a bit odd though!)
Here's how it works with the Rickman F2, you'll notice that the Rickman top yolk includes brackets that allow the ignition switch to be moved with the clocks (although in the flesh the "brackets" are a fairly amateurish-looking pair of alloy strips...)