Honda-SOHC

Other Stuff => Misc / Open => Topic started by: pae on September 04, 2009, 12:05:16 PM

Title: Miserable forums (NOT this one!)
Post by: pae on September 04, 2009, 12:05:16 PM
Got another project - more about that later (it's not a Honda).

Anyway, I joined a forum, as you do. A few days ago I posted a 'hello, I'm new here' post to introduce myself, and a couple of days later a question about Clymer manuals, and no response to either of them....  ??? There are other topics coming and going, but nothing in reply to my post.

Makes you appreciate how friendly everyone is on this one.

Cheers all, Phil

PS, this ain't a "goodbye all" message - I'm not going anywhere, still got the CB650 in the garage
Title: Re: Miserable forums (NOT this one!)
Post by: matthewmosse on September 04, 2009, 07:32:34 PM
If it's a busy forum (like the landrover series 2 one I also use) then the sheer number of posts mean that some get missed - If I stopped to say hi to every newby on the 3 forums I'm a regular on I'd be online all day....... Have patience, I know it can be frustrating but hopefully once you have a question they can give a decent helpful answer to hopefully they'll crack and talk to you.
Title: Re: Miserable forums (NOT this one!)
Post by: pae on September 05, 2009, 10:10:54 AM
Good points but I don't think they apply.

Busy? - seems to be  about 2-8 'new posts' per day, so not very busy, and the question I asked was reasonable, but yeah, I'll plug away. Just seems disappointing when you get used to friendly forums.

Maybe that's what I'm missing. I'm on 2 bike forums, one saxophone one, and a car one, and probably because I'm well known on those always seem to engage in dialogue. Probably forgotten that newbies need to settle in a bit. Mind you, one "Hi and welcome here" would be nice.

Anyway, I'll keep plugging away, just makes you appreciate this one.

regards, Phil
Title: Re: Miserable forums (NOT this one!)
Post by: Spitfire on September 05, 2009, 03:12:52 PM
Just not in with the in crowd I guess.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Miserable forums (NOT this one!)
Post by: dek155 on November 12, 2009, 04:15:43 PM
Just not in with the in crowd I guess.

Cheers

Den
yea i'm on another bike forum, and its just one big click, if your new they don't want to know you really.