Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 27, 2020, 05:24:30 PM

Title: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 27, 2020, 05:24:30 PM
What's the best way to fit the air box as it's clearly a tight squeeze & difficult to engage all four inlets.
I have a small cycle inner tube to fit inside to help keep the box from collapsing but it turning into a bit of a nightmare job.
I've already removed the battery & rear mudguard to get the battery frame & air cleaner  to improve finger access !

Update I've fitted the box but the middle two rubbers are only a third of the way on whilst cylinder 1 & 4 are fully fitted - this will have to do for now so I can get her running. I guess the air box has just deformed with age so might need replacement when I do the full rebuild.
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Athame57 on August 28, 2020, 12:46:19 AM
You might want to consider buying new rubbers, age can make them brittle and it doesn't help them go on.
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 28, 2020, 09:57:00 AM
I have fitted new rubbers from DS the old ones were in very poor condition.
The photo show the best fit I can get to date.
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Bryanj on August 28, 2020, 10:17:18 AM
Thats because you have PD carbs(550K3) and the rubbers DS sells are for the older carbs and dont fit
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Trigger on August 28, 2020, 10:23:14 AM
They are 400 carbs Bryan  ;)
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: taysidedragon on August 28, 2020, 10:35:00 AM
Get a wooden stick or dowel long enough to reach through the large hole in the filter box and use it to push the air box and rubbers from inside.
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Bryanj on August 28, 2020, 11:03:16 AM
Ah, did my usual trick of only reading question and not looking at section its in.
Try not to do too many 400's as my arthritic fingers are too big
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 28, 2020, 11:04:17 AM
Thanks I'll try that when I have fitted the new fuel line.
When I do the full strip down I also intend to change the front  right hand stud to a nut & bolt on the battery box fitting. That will make fitting the air filter/battery box so much easier.
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 28, 2020, 11:08:30 AM
Ah, did my usual trick of only reading question and not looking at section its in.
Try not to do too many 400's as my arthritic fingers are too big

In my case as I am over 72 my skin is thinning also being  on Aspirin etc my skin just bruises and bleeds at the first opportunity. That said a good fit is worth the discomfort afterwards!!
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Bryanj on August 28, 2020, 02:53:46 PM
Just Asprin?
Add cadasartin, bisopropenanol, atorvastatin, metformin along with cocodamol+extra codeine and ibrupofen then B12 cos the metformin buggers that up and 2x exenatide injections(i was one of the guinea pigs for that one)

Apart from that im fine honest injun occifer
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 28, 2020, 04:46:12 PM
Just Asprin?
Add cadasartin, bisopropenanol, atorvastatin, metformin along with cocodamol+extra codeine and ibrupofen then B12 cos the metformin buggers that up and 2x exenatide injections(i was one of the guinea pigs for that one)

Apart from that im fine honest injun occifer

Nah sadly not just Aspirin but not to be outdone also Atorvastatin,Lansoprazole,Bisoprolol Fumarate,Spironolactone,Clopidogrel,Bumetanide,Isosorbide Mononitrate and lastly my life changer Entrestro. ;D
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Nurse Julie on August 28, 2020, 04:55:23 PM
Blimey, I feel like I'm in the middle of a drugs round at work 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Title: Re: Drugs round on the Ward !
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 28, 2020, 08:46:10 PM
Blimey, I feel like I'm in the middle of a drugs round at work 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Bryanj started it Miss honest!
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Bryanj on August 29, 2020, 07:46:03 AM
Didnt
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 29, 2020, 09:27:11 AM
Did so. :P
Title: Re: Air box between inlet manifold & air filter housing not fitting correctly ?
Post by: Bryanj on August 29, 2020, 03:05:20 PM
Aint it great to be a geriatric school kid mat(and i didnt---you said asprin ffirst!!)