Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on August 29, 2020, 10:13:21 AM
-
I can see lots of rebuild post here is it worth me doing one for my CB400F rebuild as I progress or is it all old hat here?
At present I'm just going to get the engine running first before I do the full strip down afterwards.
-
Yes Ted, it's most definitely worth doing a thread. We all learn something new from others.
-
If you do start a thread and then spend two years talking about it with no action, many will lose interest... big surprise, huh? I speak from experience... ;D
-
Sometimes it helps to write things down. Especially when you’re having trouble.
Treat it like an archive. Where else are you going to store those memories?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Sometimes it helps to write things down. Especially when you’re having trouble.
Treat it like an archive. Where else are you going to store those memories?
In all seriousness - SteveD makes a very good point! Even with my lack of progress, there's still a lot of questions answered in "my" thread and I do refer back to it from time to time...
-
My time line at present is to get the engine running by the end of September by the latest.
Strip down will follow with the hope of having everything ready for Powder Coating by November.
My ideal goal is to have her re-assembled again by early May 2021.
I anticipate re-wiring etc and finishing touches to take me into June/July 2021 with potential slippage if I run out of monthly cash or need to strip down the engine or decide I can't live with the wheels that have rusty spokes / rims etc for the first year of use.
Some of the pristine photos on here make me feel I am nearer an oily rag restoration.
Then there is the "Money Pit" potential.
In due course I will start with some photos as she was when I had the bike delivered by the local Bike Movers on the 21st June 2020.
-
Build threads are good, they help you think about what you are doing when you put it into writing and there is always the chance that someone can steer you in the right direction if you hit a snag, also you may have tricks or tips that can help others. So yes it would be very useful.
Cheers
Dennis