Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 01, 2020, 01:56:18 PM

Title: What size & type of clips are best for my fuel hose ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 01, 2020, 01:56:18 PM
My hose arrived today its from Planet Silicone 9.4 mm o/d 5.4 mm i/d went to fit it and realised as the bike came without a fuel pipe on it I didn't have any clips in the box of oddments I was given all my existing clips are automotive and far too big.

What size actual clip do I need is it 8 or 9mm to get enough pinch on the pipe?
Is S.S. worth the extra cost whilst I am buying?
Title: Re: What size & type of clips are best for my fuel hose ?
Post by: Erny on September 01, 2020, 03:07:27 PM
If you talk about fuel hose between tank tap and carbs, I don't use any (hoses are 5.5mm id)
Title: Re: What size & type of clips are best for my fuel hose ?
Post by: JezzaPeach on September 01, 2020, 03:44:01 PM
Same here. The modern hose I got from DSS it so elastic it stays put.
Title: Re: What size & type of clips are best for my fuel hose ?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on September 01, 2020, 04:01:17 PM
Thanks both of you - I'm probably just thinking too automotive - there isn't much pressure as its just gravity !
It doesn't help that I didn't have the old ones to go by - that said all four of the fuel overflow pipes have small clips on them - not sure if that's original though.
Cheers
Ted
Title: Re: What size & type of clips are best for my fuel hose ?
Post by: Erny on September 01, 2020, 04:07:08 PM
I still have clips on small overflow tubes too as I had them with bike from PO.
You can still buy clips in nearest Honda dealer btw..
Title: Re: What size & type of clips are best for my fuel hose ?
Post by: Skoti on September 01, 2020, 05:28:22 PM
Aftermarket Honda type fuel hose clips:-

https://www.louis.eu/artikel/hose-clips-10-pieces-different-sizes/10018004


I've used them and they work ok.