Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: SeanFD on September 03, 2020, 09:41:46 AM
-
I’m trying to tart up my rear light fitting, but am stuck trying to get the earth connection bit off. It seems to be stuck to the rubber underneath.
Any advice on how to get this off?
The bulb holder in the second pic seems to be welded/braised to the reflector around part of the circumference.
-
Sean,
I have just been through the same process to get the back plate off for rechroming.
The problem is that the assembly is pressed together so the outer cup with the earth connection is formed into the bulb holder part on the inside - it can turn around but doesn't come out.
This then also traps the rubber in place.
In the end I drilled from the back with a large diameter drill bit and the two parts came apart.
Will have to find a way to re-fix the back cup once ready but don't think this will be too tricky.
Hope that helps / makes sense - if not let me know and I can take a couple of photos of the disassembled parts if that is useful.
Cheers,
Andy
-
Much easier to get a new taillight ;)
-
Ha! Yes Trig, but this was supposed to be a budget ressurection!
Andy, thanks.
The two parts you’re referring to are the bulb holder/earth connection and the reflector?
-
Much easier to get a new taillight ;)
Easier but a lot more expensive.
I am waiting for mine to come back from the plater's.
I drilled two small holes in the cup part which allowed me to get the point in from some wire cutters we use at work and slowly prise it back.
Should be a simple job to press it back in and bur over the metal again.
-
I ruined my tail light trying to dismantle it. Got a replacement from silvers to end up with. I wouldnt been happy leaving it as it was as it was a tad rusty.
-
;D ;D
[attach=1]
After attacking it unsuccessfully with various Dremel attachments, I finally sharpened an old screwdriver and chiselled it off,
The bulb holder is soldered, I think, to the reflector. There was a little damage to the edges fo teh reflector, but nothing you’ll see when the thing is back together.
Talking of which; how did you put it back together? ;)