Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: Athame57 on September 28, 2020, 02:18:05 PM

Title: Beyond repair?
Post by: Athame57 on September 28, 2020, 02:18:05 PM
Started up Elen (my bike!) this morning and rode up to the gate, flipped out the side stand and stood up to dismount and the world tipped over sideways, or rather me and Elen did but that's what it had felt like, of course the side stand wasn't out and I didn't look. The result was the mirror breaking off with a part of the left hand switch gear assembly it is mounted on.  Have glues or welding come to a point they can fix this, I don't want to admit I've got to buy a new unit yet!  ::)
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: allankelly1 on September 28, 2020, 02:24:41 PM
Hi

I may have a spare second hand unit you can use to replace the broken part

Will look tonight


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: Athame57 on September 28, 2020, 02:30:22 PM
Hi
I may have a spare second hand unit you can use to replace the broken part
Will look tonight
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this, I just remembered I've still got the rather faded original I can put on, but I'd still want a new looking part because the right hand switch gear is new .....
Title: Beyond repair?
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on September 28, 2020, 04:43:55 PM
“the Elen”?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: allankelly1 on September 28, 2020, 05:00:09 PM
Hi

Got a brand new aftermarket one if you still want one

Will never get used

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/de3c70260712b3d547a7126d5d8cb7c2.jpg)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/d7b4d2776b37055bdab254e752aa26b6.jpg)

Got a couple of terminals missing as I used them for some other connections in the headlight shell but it’s yours for £15 plus £3,50 post if interested

Best wishes Al


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: Athame57 on September 28, 2020, 06:05:45 PM
Hi Allan..pm'd you!  ;D
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: allankelly1 on September 28, 2020, 07:53:38 PM
Pm sent


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: Athame57 on September 28, 2020, 08:24:25 PM
What a result!  ;D ;D
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: Athame57 on September 28, 2020, 09:56:54 PM
“the Elen”?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL...a Typoo. I meant only Elen.
Title: Re: Beyond repair?
Post by: Athame57 on September 29, 2020, 06:46:34 PM
Cheeky this but any chance I can have the broken piece, just the base don't need the top half.
Sure! I will have to wait until I've changed over, that should be in a few days.