Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Johnny4428 on October 10, 2020, 12:28:04 PM

Title: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 10, 2020, 12:28:04 PM
Set out to rebuild rear wheel today and this is what I encountered. Haven’t been in touch with suppliers yet. New DID rim from silvers. And stainless spokes from central wheel components.
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Trigger on October 10, 2020, 12:34:25 PM
CWS always get it wrong if you don't give them the measurements . Send them back for another set  ;)
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 10, 2020, 12:38:46 PM
Cheers Trigger, bloody annoying. Tried calling, no one answered so just left them an email.😡
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: philward on October 10, 2020, 01:24:42 PM
I am just waiting for same combination of DID rim and SS spoke set (CWC) - so I'll check mine!
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 10, 2020, 06:42:49 PM
Yes good idea Phil, I had a non standard rim and spokes on the bike when I got it so had nothing to compare with when they came home.
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 14, 2020, 12:38:22 PM
Received replacement nipples today without any issues. Unfortunately they fit the rim but not the spokes.😡😡
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: philward on October 14, 2020, 12:45:56 PM
You are suffering with this build!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Trigger on October 14, 2020, 01:29:17 PM
You should of given the full measurements of the rim holes and the spoke threads  :o
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: philward on October 14, 2020, 01:53:03 PM
I've just bought my set as a kit specific to 500 (CWC are selling on eBay now) - initial measurements seem to show their are as originals

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 14, 2020, 02:35:02 PM
Indeed trigger, they supplied the spokes so l wrongly assumed they knew what they were doing.
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Trigger on October 14, 2020, 06:47:11 PM
I seem to recall that i bought one of there packs that they make up years ago for a CB750 and the nipples didn't fit the holes of a DID upto date rim but, the nipples fitted the original old rims.
Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: philward on October 14, 2020, 07:04:24 PM
The new DID rims are on the way from DS and so I'll soon find out Graham!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Title: Re: Wrong spoke nipples?
Post by: Johnny4428 on October 19, 2020, 10:23:10 PM
Received the correct spoke nipples today, third time lucky. To be fair CWC were keen to sort the mistakes. I have dealt with them in the past without any issues.