Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: swiftruss on September 29, 2009, 10:15:05 PM

Title: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: swiftruss on September 29, 2009, 10:15:05 PM
Hi All,

Ive just picked up a 4000 mile 400 four F2 from the original owner.

I sold him my motorhome.  He noticed that I had a couple of bikes in my garage and said he had one sat in his garage doing nothing since 1982.

I promised him a good home for it and colected it last week.

I need a new or near perfect chainguard to replace the original one which is slightly pitted.

Pics attached, more available if anyone is interested
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: JonnyB on September 29, 2009, 10:45:06 PM
Now that's a nice example, welcome to the forum. There is plenty are folks here who can help with any issues.

What other bikes do you own
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: swiftruss on September 30, 2009, 09:18:52 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for your message.

My other bikes are:-
BMW 1200 GS
Ducati MH900E
Harley Davidson 1340 FXRS
Lambretta SX200
Honda Dax ST50

Russ
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: JonnyB on September 30, 2009, 07:42:10 PM
Ahh, the 200sx.  My mate had one of those in our scooter days, he loved it when it ran hated it when it didn't. I used to have a vespa px125 wicked to ride, unstable as a box of frogs
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: pae on September 30, 2009, 08:56:14 PM
Hi and welcome, lovely 400 you've found there,

Phil
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: SteveD CB500K0 on October 01, 2009, 09:59:08 AM
Hi Russ.

Welcome over. We love the US guys to bits - but they do sometimes go off at a tangent (don't ever mention guns, health insurance or politics on a US-based forum...)   ;D

Steve
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: Spitfire on October 01, 2009, 12:42:07 PM
Welcome Russ, that 400 looks really tasty and a one owner bike to boot.

Cheers

Den
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: Andy1976 on October 02, 2009, 10:55:56 PM
Hi Russ welcome to the site.

Where about's in Yorkshire are you from?

I'm in Wakefield W. Yorks.

Good luck with the bike

Andy.
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: swiftruss on October 03, 2009, 08:14:04 AM
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your message.

I am in Wensleydale, North Yorkshire.

Great biking country.  Have a ride up sometime.

Russ
Title: Re: Hello from Yorkshire
Post by: andy120t on October 22, 2009, 11:46:56 AM
Hi there - Beverley is my home!....although I'm currently stuck in the South - can't think why as the oads up there are fab!  :(