Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Seamus on October 15, 2009, 09:33:45 PM
-
Hi All,
Pulled the carbs apart as I could'nt get the bike running right.
Looking at the parts, it appears that it has been fitted with Keyster parts and that is not good.
I think I need to replace the mains (120) and needles. These are for a K1.
Anyone got some to sell??
Cheers
Seamus
-
Hi Seamus, have you tried David Silver Spares, I recently got jets for my F1 from them.
Cheers
Den
-
Thanks Den, but unfortunately, the needles are no longer available. Jets are probably available, but I would like to get some needles first. I need to do a bit more digging around to see what the problem with Keyster needles actually is.
Thanks again
Seamus
-
16151-300-004 according to my geriatric parts book and same for K1-K4(dont know about after my book stops then!!) try westernhillshonda.net
-
Hi Bryan
I had a chat with Dave Silver earlier (as sometimes they can get parts) These are available at
-
That would mean to me that the number i quoted has been superceeded,
Havent got time at the moment but cut and save
http://www.motogrid.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/7/default.aspx
and when you go therte put both numbers into the quick look up on the RH side of the page and it will tell you what bikes they both fit
-
16012-300-014 CB750K3 A MOTORCYCLE, JPN, VIN# CB750-2200001
Assembly: CARBURETOR NEEDLE SET, JET (Honda Code 0309955) (SKU: 16012-300-014) 4 $21.10
16012-300-014 CB750K4 A MOTORCYCLE, JPN, VIN# CB750-2300001
Assembly: CARBURETOR NEEDLE SET, JET (Honda Code 0309955) (SKU: 16012-300-014) 4 $21.10
16012-300-014 CB750K5 A MOTORCYCLE, JPN, VIN# CB750-2500001
Assembly: CARBURETOR NEEDLE SET, JET (Honda Code 0309955) (SKU: 16012-300-014) 4 $21.10
16012-300-014 CB750K1 A MOTORCYCLE, JPN, VIN# CB750-1044650
Assembly: CARBURETOR K1-K2 NEEDLE SET, JET (Honda Code 0309955) (SKU: 16012-300-014) 4 $21.10
16012-300-014 CB750K2 A MOTORCYCLE, JPN, VIN# CB750-2000001
Assembly: CARBURETOR K1-K2 NEEDLE SET, JET (Honda Code 0309955) (SKU: 16012-300-014) 4 $21.10
16151-300-004 does not give a result. Looks like a superseeded value then??
Thanks again
Seamus
-
Had a look on CMS as well.
16151-300-004 is the needle and is no longer available
16012-300-014 is needle and needle jet set and is available. ???
Cheers
Seamus
-
16012 300 014 appears to be for CB750K3/4/5 US not CB750K1 UK, the K1 and K2 needles appear to be different.
http://www.onlinemcparts.com/mcparts.php?b=honda&m=cb750&p=81
These guys are listing them but I don't know if it's real or if they will ship to the UK.
http://www.westernhillshondayamaha.com/fiche_select.asp?mfg=Honda&partnumber=16151300004
Cheers
Den
-
Still confusing. Looking at CMS site,
the 16151-300-004 is fitted to K1 and K2 for either UK or US. The part number covers the needle only.
the 16012-300-014 is listed for K3 and K4 and covers both the needle and the needle jet.
As shown above, 16012-300-014 on the Motogrid site covers K1 through to K5 and covers the needle and needle jet again.
Looking at the available data, it seems that later offerings packed the needle and jet together and stopped selling the needle seperately.
Does this sound plausible?
Cheers for the input
Seamus
-
Looks that way, which means that you can't compare needles, have a look at the US site there may be more info there.
Cheers
Den
-
Thanks Den,
I have started a thread on Keyster needles on the US site. Need to ask that question as well.
Cheers
Seamus