Honda-SOHC

General => New Member Introductions => Topic started by: flowman on October 25, 2009, 09:44:51 PM

Title: newbie in Middlesex
Post by: flowman on October 25, 2009, 09:44:51 PM
Hi all, got a CB400f a few weeks ago and been having lots of fun riding around enjoying the dry weather seems like a good old bike cam chain chatters quite a bit and won't adjust and she misfires a bit at idle untill the engine really warms up but apart from that all seems good, registerd as 1977 but I'm not sure if YOM is earlier than that, I'm hoping to find a website where I can check frame/engine nos to verify YOM. will update my profile and post up some pics soon. 
Title: Re: newbie in Middlesex
Post by: Bryanj on October 26, 2009, 06:27:53 AM
I have the US ID book if you PM me the frame and engine numbers i will see how they fit in that for you
Title: Re: newbie in Middlesex
Post by: JonnyB on October 26, 2009, 07:30:25 AM
Nice example flowman,  I really must get the gallery working again.

where did you get it from, I used to see one the same every other day riding to work in Lincoln, not seen him for a while

have fun
John
Title: Re: newbie in Middlesex
Post by: flowman on October 26, 2009, 08:34:23 PM
I got it from Marsworth Motorcycles based in Luton previous owner was in Great Missenden and lots of the old MOTs were done in Stafford, if you could hear the cam chain before it came into view its probably the same bike.
Title: Re: newbie in Middlesex
Post by: JonnyB on October 27, 2009, 07:31:21 AM
Cam and top end noise are a feature of these bikes and normally it's not to much to worry about.

Be worth checking the timing though
Title: Re: newbie in Middlesex
Post by: andy120t on December 05, 2009, 09:36:57 PM
Hi there- not all that far from me in Hertford, I might hear the camchain from here!