Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB500/550 => Topic started by: Phteix on November 11, 2020, 12:16:58 AM
-
Hi :)
I'm wondering if anyone here have a 550K seat hinges to seel or know any other way to fit the original seat back. I cannot find it online.
Thank in advance.
-
Hi :)
I'm wondering if anyone here have a 550K seat hinges to seel or know any other way to fit the original seat back. I cannot find it online.
Thank in advance.
Not cheap >>>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB-500-550-Four-K0-K1-K2-K3-F1-F2-Hinge-Seat-Reproduction-New/293816396265?hash=item4468d269e9:g:7twAAOSwerxamD4i
-
...for fear of being vilified, I nearly haven't posted this...but Im going to anyway!
My 'parts-bin special' has a home-made seat and the hinges are...well...door hinges that I had to hand in the cellar. The retaining pins are six inch nails cut to size and peened over.. But then, it's not a restoration, it's a cheap and cheerful build from spare parts!! On the US site there are some nice home- made brackets on some builds- I've seen lumps of aluminium machined to size, but doesn't really help for a restoration. So lots of ways to do it to get you on the road and give you time to source an original set..Good luck!
-
...for fear of being vilified, I nearly haven't posted this...but Im going to anyway!
At this stage Andy, I just want to find a way to enjoy the bike with my wife on the back, even if it requires a door hinge haha :P Would be very very helpful if could share a photo of it.
Thanks in advance
My 'parts-bin special' has a home-made seat and the hinges are...well...door hinges that I had to hand in the cellar. The retaining pins are six inch nails cut to size and peened over.. But then, it's not a restoration, it's a cheap and cheerful build from spare parts!! On the US site there are some nice home- made brackets on some builds- I've seen lumps of aluminium machined to size, but doesn't really help for a restoration. So lots of ways to do it to get you on the road and give you time to source an original set..Good luck!
-
I'll see if I can post one when I'm in the garage. Looking at the picture on the link Trigger posted it should be a fairly simple bracket to knock up if you have the measurements - straight bar, 4 holes drilled then bend the ends up. The bit at the back is ( I think) to stop the seat flopping open to far so can probably be ignored if you just need to hold the seat in place.
Can you get the measurements from your seat and frame?