Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: shappe on November 21, 2009, 01:23:59 PM
-
Halo
My name i Anders and I live in Sweden. I am a proud owner of a Honda CB750-K6 1976. The origin color on my bike is "Candy Antares Red" and I love it. Now I have - as a chance - a second set of tank/sidecover. I have sean a picture of a 1976 CB750 painted in "Candy Sapphire Blue" and under the picture there were a statment "(UK COLOR OPTION)". Now I want to paint the second set of tank/sidecovers in this "Candy Sapphire Blue".
But I have one question - "Yellow" or "red" emblem/diamond under the "750Four" one the sidecovers?
Are there any CB750-K6-owner who may put some light on this problem for me? I can
-
I directed Anders here from the Honda Owners' Club forum. I told him that he'd find the experts on here.
Don't let me down guys... ;D
-
Found this in my archives...
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/HondaLeaflets004.jpg)
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/HondaLeaflets005.jpg)
Hope it helps.
-
Looks red to me.
-
Halo again
Nice to se the final evidence that there were a Candy Sapphire Blue verion in UK. That felow in US - SpookyTom knew his history quite well obviously.
Red or Yellow. Well I am not quite sure it
-
Hi Anders,
I do not have a K6, but I do have a K4. Anyhow I had a look in the Haynes great bike series 'Honda CB750 by Mike Duckworth' from the photo of the K6 on page 73, the emblem is a yellow/orange colour almost similar to the indicators.
There is also a photo on page 55 of a K1 (1970/71) with a red emblem colour similar to the rear stop light
All other photos K2,3,4,5&6 have yellow/orange emblems
Alan
-
Hi Allan
Thanks for your investigations. Acording to this it seams that K1 were the only model with red emblem. I have heard it from an other sourse to. Then I have to look for another par of orange emblem. Those are not growing into trees. I bought two on eBay UK for a year ago. They were not cheap at al. But now I am convinced that they are orange.
Thanks again.
Anders
-
Looks like red
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/part_105417/
http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/part_105418/
Cheers
Seamus
-
David Silver Spares show all the side emblems in RED all models K1,K2,(K3,K4,K5 American)&K6. The American models are a definite yellow/orange (gold ground in Wing badge) as quoted, the K2 & K6 are more or less yellow/orange. Do the Red & Gold emblems have different part numbers?
Alan
-
Hi Anders
I think www.cmsnl.com have the answer
RED emblem K1 model (England) part No. 87127 300 405
Gold emblem K6 model (England) part No. 87127 341 000
Alan
-
Hi Big Al
Why din