Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: AshimotoK0 on December 01, 2009, 04:32:22 PM
-
I always scan Ebay for CB750 parts - in fact it has become an obsession over the last 12 months!!
I am gradually building up my parts for the big rebuild next spring and spotted this on Ebay. for 5.95GBP
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-CB750-CB500-CB550-Main-Stand-Crescent_W0QQitemZ280429689325QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item414ae979ed
Just about to bid for one when I check with David Silver and the price inc. VAT is 2.58GBP inc VAT !
OK I suppose the postage is very reasonable on the Ebay one and maybe worth it if you wish to buy a single item and not pay DSS postage but it just shows how reasonable DSS are, and that you have to be careful.
-
Noticed that a lot of NOS stuff is cheaper from the suppliers.
I build a Bonneville a couple of years ago and most parts on Ebay were more expensive than the regular suppliers. It taught me to check the prices elsewhere before bidding as well as giving ma a sensible value for the parts.
Good luck with the K0
-
I'm fairly convinced folk just buy stuff off Silvers and list it on ebay with a markup to make pennies from unwary bidders
-
I would agree too. Bought a battery strap of ebay last year, some months later looking for another part on DS I noticed the same strap was half price...old habits!
Alan
-
I suppose this is yet one more reason why a lot of our cousins "across the pond" refer to it as "evil bay". Stopped looking at it years ago when I realised it was a mecca for shady shysters.