Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB350/400 => Topic started by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on April 29, 2021, 01:33:52 PM

Title: Sorry for any previous asks on this topic - what is the best crakcase sealant?
Post by: McCabe-Thiele (Ted) on April 29, 2021, 01:33:52 PM
Looking at assembly sealant options for the crankcase halves just a coule of questions please - I've looked at historical posts and on Google so I obviously need to make a choice. The price is not really a consideration (within reason) - I want to do it once & do it right.

1) I know with the likes of Hondabond it is used very sparingly - so what size / quantity of sealant tube do I need?

2) There seem to be several versions of Hondabond what is available now, Threebond 1184, Yamabond etc what is the easiest / best to use please - also thinking of a ticking clock to assemble all those top & bottom bolts before it sets?
Title: Re: Sorry for any previous asks on this topic - what is the best crakcase sealant?
Post by: Johnny4428 on April 29, 2021, 02:01:32 PM
Hi Ted, I have just sent for Hondabond 4, seems to be the sealant of choice for a lot of people. But the 550 was sealed with Hylomar Blue without any problems. I haven’t used Hondabond before so I am interested to see what like! Sorry that’s not particularly helpful or answered your question. The guys will soon be contributing I’m sure.
Title: Re: Sorry for any previous asks on this topic - what is the best crakcase sealant?
Post by: Nurse Julie on April 29, 2021, 02:48:29 PM
The 1.9 fl oz Honda Bond lasts Graham for about 10 sets of engine cases.
Title: Re: Sorry for any previous asks on this topic - what is the best crakcase sealant?
Post by: 4wDaz on May 24, 2021, 10:31:11 AM
The 1.9 fl oz Honda Bond lasts Graham for about 10 sets of engine cases.
Do you use Hondabond 4 or HT Julie ?
Title: Re: Sorry for any previous asks on this topic - what is the best crakcase sealant?
Post by: Nurse Julie on May 24, 2021, 01:20:46 PM
The 1.9 fl oz Honda Bond lasts Graham for about 10 sets of engine cases.
Do you use Hondabond 4 or HT Julie ?
Hondabond HT.
Title: Re: Sorry for any previous asks on this topic - what is the best crakcase sealant?
Post by: ST1100 on May 24, 2021, 01:37:14 PM
Hondabond HT.
Permatex ultra grey...