Honda-SOHC

SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Skoti on January 24, 2010, 07:26:56 PM

Title: CB750F1 Sprockets
Post by: Skoti on January 24, 2010, 07:26:56 PM
Hi,

I want to up the gearing on my F1 but I'm not sure if there's enough space for a larger front gearbox sprocket.
The front sprocket is cheaper and easier to change than the rear sprocket so can anyone advise me if there is enough space to replace the standard 17 tooth front gearbox sprocket with say an 18 tooth sprocket without the chain fouling the sprocket cover mounting lugs etc ?   :) 
Title: Re: CB750F1 Sprockets
Post by: Bryanj on January 25, 2010, 06:13:45 AM
From memory just ad long as you dont use a super HD or O ring chain
Title: Re: CB750F1 Sprockets
Post by: Skoti on January 25, 2010, 08:49:02 AM
Do you mean a bigger sprocket will fit in OK if I don't use a super HD or 'O' ring chain with it? :-\
Title: Re: CB750F1 Sprockets
Post by: lordmoonpie on January 25, 2010, 09:04:06 AM
Yes - there's *just* enough room to go to an 18 tooth sprocket as long as you have a standard non-HD or O/X-ring chain. It's still tight though so you have to keep on top of chain maintenance and tension. Personally I'd go for a change to the back sprocket on the basis of safety...
Title: Re: CB750F1 Sprockets
Post by: Skoti on January 25, 2010, 01:11:13 PM
Hi,

thanks for your help, will probably take your advice and change the rear sprocket  :)