Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: Skoti on January 28, 2010, 12:31:16 PM
-
Hi,
anyone interested in buying a Hondastyle CB750F 3/4 length fairing removed from my F1? (I think that those fairings were manufactured by Rickman and sold through Honda dealers as genuine Honda stuff).
I am offering it for sale here first before it goes on Fleabay.
Please click on my web icon (below my name on the left) and look at the photos then email me if you are interested
-
Freight might be an issue Skoti!
That broken screen is caused by the restricted steering lock. First time out you turn the bars and lean over, hit the lock restrictor and drop it. Always broke that part of the screen (don't ask how I know...)
-
Hi,
freight will not be an issue whatsoever, I shall be arriving in the UK by ferry to Hull on 18.2.2010 and will bring the fairing with me if anyone wishes to purchase.
I will be driving north up the A1/M and could arrange to deliver or meet a prospective buyer en route.
I see the picture of your bike looks like it has the same fairing, maybe you had experience with the cracked screen problem before? :)
-
Er, yes...
My room-mate at Uni in 1978 had a yellow F1 and exactly the same happened to him. He'd had the fairing fitted for about two miles. The first time he turned into a parking spot ... :-[
-
I had one of those on my 750F2. I found the rear of the fairing caught my knees so cut it down to 2/3 of the 3/4 fairing.
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/BikesBikesBikes2142.jpg)
(http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv23/WiNot_Rhencullen/BikesBikesBikes270.jpg)
Sorry for the grainy b/w pictures.
-
I had one all so on my F2, still got it.
I cut the lockstops down to give me more lock which worked a treat. I had to put tubes over the lockstops for the MOT,s to stop the bars from touching the fairing for the test. I used the original indicators at first then fitted Dream ones. I hope to fit it back on one day after a repaint.
I hope the photos made it on to this post ?
-
Sorry the file size was to big for the 2nd photo now take 2 !
-
Not exactly the same fairing as mine though. The edges are flared out a bit on yours. I wonder what make it is? Probably not Rickman/Honda Style. :-\
-
Hi Skoti
Mine is a gen Rickman Fairing i got it brand new in 1979 when i brought the bike, it was fitted at the dealers.
-
I think they did modify the design slightly over the years. Mine was bought new from Read Titon in 1978. It cost