Honda-SOHC
SOHC.co.uk Forums => CB750 => Topic started by: kazzy on January 31, 2010, 04:37:04 PM
-
HI .I,AM DESPERATE FOR A STANDARD SIZE PISTON FOR 1976 CB750F1. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP :)
-
hi kazzy,re.f1 piston, are you after new or used, ? mike
-
HI. MIKE, I REALLY DONT MIND WHICH, BUT I FOUND A CONTACT WHO HAS DEALT IN HONDAS FOR 35 YEARS. HE TOLD ME THAT I HAVE F2 PISTONS IN MINE, HE ALSO SAID THE EARLY F1 HAS K6 PISTONS IN IT. SO IF YOU KNOW OF ONE I WOULD BE GREATFUL
-
Be very careful, the F2 pistons are domed and the F1 pistons are flat, I would not like to try and run F2 pistons in an F1 ! Bye Bye valves
Have a read of this http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=49659.0
Cheers
Den
-
I have these but not sure if they are F1 type. they have 392 on the Skirt and HONDA ( approx.1.1mm top ring)
Also, see
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=57528.0
The piston in the background is also a 392 but has the thicker rings and different top profile - pretty sure its off a K7
-
Have a look here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nos-honda-cb750f-cb750-piston_W0QQitemZ370323277455QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5638fcc68f
Cheers
Den
-
Have a look here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nos-honda-cb750f-cb750-piston_W0QQitemZ370323277455QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5638fcc68f
Cheers
Den
They don't look like the F1 pistons that I have - maybe they changed during F1 production. Again see
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=57528.0
Ash D
-
I have heard that the F1/77K used 2 different pistons both 392, the eBay one looks just like the ones in my F1, there was a thread on the US site about 392 pistons, here's a photo of the two side by side,
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/RxmanGriff/Honda/P1020789.jpg
Maybe it is the same article you are thinking about but the US site seems to down at the moment, so I couldn't check.
Cheers
Den
-
Yes it is the same article but the US site down.
I have both types.
On the photo of the parts which I have the one you can just see in the background is a 392 but I am sure is off a K7. The others came from an F1 motor I got to rob the crankshaft from for my K0 The F1 Engine no was CB750E-2545740 . I do have the head from it too but it has a small mark on the ring around one of the combustion chambers and also the barrels but one has slight corrosion on the top of one of the bores, as the motor was left standing for yonks.